28.2.10

Poem in Cha

I have a poem in the newest issue of Cha, the first Hong Kong-based English online literary journal.

My poem, "Siem Reap, Cambodia" is an older piece (written around 2004-2005) but it is one which I've always been proud of and has never been published in writing before.

It tells the story of a young Cambodian girl in the midst of fleeing from the horrors of the Killing Fields and the Khmer Rouge regime. I was adopted when I was a baby and this poem was my way of imagining what this time could have been like for my birth mother.

Thanks to the love of that young girl, my parents were able to have a son, and I have a Mom and Dad, and they have made me the person I am today.

Please read my poem here.


G

1 comment:

t said...

Thank you, Greg, for allowing us the opportunity to publish "Siem Reap, Cambodia" in Cha. We liked it a lot. Gillian also mentioned your piece on her blog: http://gilliansze.tumblr.com/post/420390123/a-february-load-of-news-to-dump-into-march